Debris from Lahaina fire poses toxic risks
Alasdair Baverstock

As officials in Hawaii work to clean up following the fires that destroyed Lahaina, a secondary disaster is becoming increasingly clear: The devastated area is thought to be highly toxic. 

That's because when a fire consumes a populated area, it burns everything: electronics, vehicles, batteries, and releases noxious chemicals into the air. It’s a problem that may have long-term health effects on the population. CGTN’s Alasdair Baverstock reports. 

For more, check out our exclusive content on CGTN Now and subscribe to our weekly newsletter, The China Report.

Search Trends